How to apply to become an Examiner with the IIMS Certifying Authority. IIMS welcomes applications from suitably qualified, experienced surveyors who wish to become an approved coding surveyor.
The criteria for becoming an IIMS Certifying Authority Examiner is as follows:
• Applicants must be Associate Members or higher of the IIMS.
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate through evidence at least three years surveying experience in all types of vessels (copies of survey reports may be requested).
The application process is as follows and once completed should be sent to the Certifying Authority Administrator:
• Completed application form
• Up-to-date CV
• A completed SCV1 (available from the Certifying Authority Administrator)
• A completed SCV2 (available from the Certifying Authority Administrator)
• An application fee of £50.00
On receipt of the application form the Certifying Authority Administrator will acknowledge the application.
The outcome and registration process is as follows:
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application after the interview has taken place. The Certifying Authority Registration fee will be set by the committee at the beginning of each year and will be valid for a period of 12 months. The current fee is £120 per annum, or pro rata depending upon the date of approval.
IIMS CA members will be expected to attend training on an ongoing basis, which is offered in the UK and further afield at least twice a year.
For more information or to obtain the relevant SCV documentation contact Tania Bernice, the Certifying Authority Administrator by email or call +44 (0) 23 9238 5223